Tell-tale signs of mold infestation following water damage
Water Damage can cause mold growth. (Photo Credits)
In as little as 48 hours, Mold Growth can take place in a home or commercial establishment that has been affected by water damage.
And once molds set in there is no other recourse but to clean it up, and have professionals deal with it.
But how does a home or business owner know if molds have indeed set in on their home or structure?
Estaily.com gave a lowdown on mold infestation. Carlsbad CA Here
“Overall, water-damaged buildings create a complicated mixture of contaminants present in the air and dust, resulting in a toxic chemical stew. Additionally, mold produces toxic chemicals called mycotoxins, present on spores and fragments of mold released into the air. 1No single toxin is responsible for all mold illness; rather, it’s better to think of the cause as the water-damaged area or building itself. One recent review connected the sinuses as a common source of ongoing mold illness.”
Read the rest of the article here.
The Warning Signs
Environmental Services Group also gave warning signs of mold growth in the home.
“This warning sign may not be all that obvious unless you regularly check the envelope of your home or commercial building but it can be a clear warning sign that you have mold or may have mold soon unless corrective action is taken immediately. Luckily, it’s also difficult to miss: look for exterior areas that appear wet and/or that appear wet for several days after rain or snowfall. These can signal leaky windows, a dripping pipe hidden in the walls or another source of water accumulation.”
Check out the rest of the post here.
Another tell-tale sign is the general health condition of the occupants of the building or the home, according to AA Action Water Proofing.
“Health symptoms – Mold isn’t something we’re supposed to be breathing in, and as a result, the spores will often lead to respiratory symptoms as the spores irritate our lungs, throats, and sinuses. A cough that won’t go away, a wheeze, stuffy or runny nose, a sore throat, ear infections, and a bad taste in the mouth can all be ways your body is telling you that mold is in your home, and you may be like to write them off as a cold or by-product of allergies.”
See the post here.
Do you think there are molds in your home?